On Site Installation & Support Technician
inTouch Point of Sale is recruiting On Site Installation & Support Technician’s. The incumbent will be based in Johannesburg with regular travel around the Johannesburg and Pretoria area. The successful applicant will be reporting to the Technical Supervisor.
This is an operational role providing technical support to our clients in the Hospitality industry (restaurants), during office hours as well as after hours when on call.
- Installation of new computer systems and solutions for the hospitality industry.
- Training of customers on installed computer systems and software programs.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolution of call outs relating to installed software programs on customers site.
- Support, troubleshoot and resolution of call outs relating to installed HARDWARE on customers site.
- Programming of software to work in customers environment.
- Finding solutions and adapting software for best use within customer environment.
- IT qualification is highly recommended (preferably with N+ and A+)
- Windows networking experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in the IT field
- IT Technical Support background (essential)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license (essential)
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and to travel long distances
- Windows 10
- Network Administration
- Network Cabling
- Point Of Sale experience
All suitable candidates are invited to email a professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “On Site JHB” in the subject line. If you have not received a response after 2 (two) weeks, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.